Vacations / holidays in Garmisch-Partenkirchen
Garmisch-Partenkirchen (Germany) is a town in Bavaria in the south of Germany near the boarder to Austria. It is situated in the Oberbayern region and is the administrative centre of the district of Garmisch-Partenkirchen. South of Partenkirchen is the Partnach Gorge ''Partnach Klamm'', where the river ''Partnach'' surges spectacularly through a long but narrow gap between high cliffs. The tallest mountain of Germany, the Zugspitze is south of Garmisch near the village of Grainau. Nice to visit is also the King's House on Schachen, a small castle built for King Ludwig II of Bavaria. It is located in the mountains south of Garmisch-Partenkirchen and contains the ''Alpengarten auf dem Schachen'', an alpine botanical garden.
This is the English section of the bayregio-garmisch-partenkirchen.de website. On our website, you find also a hotel/motel list and much more informations for your holidays / vacations.
We are sorry for not having translated the extensive content of the bayregio-garmisch-partenkirchen.de website. We only offer you this site in English but hope that by explaining the most important things you will not have any problems with the other sites in German language:
- Hotels in Garmisch-Partenkirchen and in the area around Garmisch-Partenkirchen
- Vacation rentals in Garmisch-Partenkirchen and in the area around Garmisch-Partenkirchen
- Restaurants in Garmisch-Partenkirchen
- Baths in the area around Garmisch-Partenkirchen
- Webcams in Garmisch-Partenkirchen and in the area around Garmisch-Partenkirchen
- Street-Map of Garmisch-Partenkirchen
- Museums in the area around Garmisch-Partenkirchen